Denizli Metropolitan Municipality
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The topic of the contest: Healthy Life and Sports
3.The contest is open to amateur and professional cartoonists all over the world.
4. It is not required that the cartoons which will be sent to the contest have been published or not in previous contests. However, the cartoons you will send must not have been awarded in another contest before. Cartoons that the selection committee (jury) deems the same or similar or the ones specified as another cartoonist’s belonging by the committee will not be evaluated.
5.You can participate in the contest with maximum three cartoons.
6. Cartoonists will send their cartoons digitally to our contest. Every cartoon must be in A4 size, between 150-300 dpi, JPEG format and minumum 1 MB maximum 10 MB capacity.
7. Some cartoons which will be choosen from among the received cartoons by the jury will be collected in a cartoon album. The works of cartoon deemed worthy to be exhibited will also be displayed whenever and whereever Denizli Metropolitan Municipality deems suitable. No fee will be paid for the works of cartoon choosen by the jury for the exhibition and the album.
8. One-night accommodation and meal expenses of the winners of the cartoon contest will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
9. Selection committee (The Jury Members):
* Serhat Akbulut (Assistant General Secretary)
* Hüdaverdi Otaklı (Head of Culture and Social Affairs Department) - Coordinator
* Arif Duru (Director of Culture and Art)
* Samet Başer (Director of Tourism and Publicity)
* Şevket Yalaz (Cartoonist)
* Savaş Ünlü (Humourist)
* Mehmet Selçuk (Cartoonist)
* Abdülkadir Uslu (Cartoonist)
* Altan Özeskici (Cartoonist)
* Ali Şur (Cartoonist)
* Kübra DELİGÖZ (Cartoonist).
First Prize Winner: 10.000 TL
Second Prize Winner: 7.000 TL
Third Prize Winner: 5.000 TL
Honorable Mention (3 pieces of prize): 3.500 TL
The Prize for Under 18 Years Old (3 pieces of prize): 2.000 TL.
11. The Calendar of Contest:
A.The deadline of application for the contest is 05 March 2023, 12.00 (a.m) on Sunday.
B.The evaluation meeting of the jury will be conducted on 11 March 2023 and 12 March 2023.
D. Prize-giving Ceremony: Prize-giving ceremony and exhibition will be organized in Turan Bahadır Exhibition Hall on 05 May 2023 (on Friday). (The date and the location of the prize-giving ceremony and the exhibition can be changed by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.)
12. No matter cartoons get reward or not, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality will become right owner to use all cartoons providing that participants’ names are clearly mentioned, in accordance with the law No.5846.
The participants will have accepted that the rights of use their works will be transferred to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality free of charge to be used in all activities, promotions, events and trainings of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
In addition, The Municipality has rights of use their works for providing materials such as poster, catalogue, brochure, gifted book and etc. and publishing in the media.
Furthermore, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality has also the rights of use their works to reproduce, disseminate, distribute and demonstrate.
The works of the participant, which received or did not receive an award, can be used in print media, radio and television and also other mass media in accordance with the purposes of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality, from the moment of the delivery.
Moreover, participants accept and undertake that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality takes over the rights of use the their works by means of broadcasts on the internet, brochures, catalogues, agendas, posters, CDs, DVDs and each digital media or calendars.
13. The participant declares that the work sent to the contest belongs entirely to herself/himself. Due to this work, the participant undertakes that she/he is the sole and absolute addressee of the requests of third parties that may arise from Law No:5846 (Intellectual and Artistic Works) and other laws. Besides, the participant also accepts that the legal and criminal responsibility for the work belongs entirely to himself/herself. In addition, the participant undertakes that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality does not have any legal and criminal liability regarding the matters forementioned (the right of recourse to the owner of the work is reserved).
The right of the works belongs to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality as the organizing institution of the contest and the owner of the work.
14. Participants are deemed to have already accepted the terms & conditions of the contest and jury decisions. If disagreements between Denizli Metropolitan Municipality and contestant arise in regards to undefined matters in the agreement or in case of doubt, the selection committee (jury) will arbitrate between both sides. In case of disagreement, this commitee will be authorized.
15. Contact Information:
Kübra Deligöz (Artist of Culture and Social Affairs Department /Cartoonist)
Mobile: +90 (554) 647 26 85
Telephone central: +90 (258) 280 20 20
Address: Denizli Büyükşehir Belediyesi, Altıntop Mahallesi, Lise Sokak, No:2
Postalcode: 20100 Denizli
1. Accommodation, transportation (bus tickets) and meal expenses of the award winning participants living outside of Denizli will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.